Benefits of Playground Tunnels
Why You Should Add Play Tunnels to Your Play Area
It can be difficult to figure out which pieces of equipment to include when you are planning a playground. Consider incorporating play tunnels, which are a smart addition to your play area for many reasons.
Uses for a Play Tunnel in a Playground
Play tunnels have many potential uses for your outdoor play area:
- Connecting Structures: Use them to connect two decks or other playground pieces to create one large piece of equipment children can navigate. Our tunnels can connect pieces at the same level or at different heights.
- Visual Appeal: Tunnels can make a play area look aesthetically pleasing. You can create a fun design with custom hues that fit your school, business or community colors. Different tunnel shapes and sizes allow you to create various looks throughout your playground. In addition to making your area look nice, a visually appealing play area will encourage children to play there.
Benefits of Play Tubes for Kids
Tunnels can provide many benefits to the health and well-being of children. These include:
- Exercise: These structures give children a way to exercise that differs from other playground pieces. Crawling or scooting through the tunnel can enhance the physical activity they are gaining from other playground pieces.
- Developing Motor Skills: Tunnels can help children develop their gross motor skills. The climbing movement helps them control the moving of their arms and legs. Choosing various tunnel shapes can help develop these important skills.
- Fun: Of course, tunnels offer a child a fun and interactive way to play. They can move through the tunnels, hide in them or look out to the playground in the models with bubbles or windows. Tunnels can make the whole playground more fun and exciting for children, helping them get more out of their play experience.
Choose a Play Tunnel from SRP Playgrounds
SRP Playgrounds is the place to go if you decide to add tunnels to your play area. Our tunnels are made of plastic so we can mold them into various designs. In addition to the regular straight tunnel, we have wavy, curved, zigzag and inclined tunnels. We also have more elaborate tunnels, including a curved crawl tunnel with a window and bubble tunnels that feature bubble windows. Look at the Tunnels page on our website to see our various styles. If you're interested in adding a tunnel to your play area, contact one of our representatives. Use the Contact a Rep tool on our site or call us at (800) 327-8774.